Virtual Skipper ACC Racing Club International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virtual Skipper ACC Racing Club International

Join the VSK ACC Racing Club International, for all Virtual Skipper ACC Fans!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Where is Dan
The Perfect Storm I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 5:26 am by AussieXII

» Race results convertor
The Perfect Storm I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 5:01 am by AussieXII

» RULES & REPLAYS
The Perfect Storm I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 4:55 am by AussieXII

» To pen or not to pen.
The Perfect Storm I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 4:25 am by AussieXII

» ACC Racing Club (ARC) Boat Numbers
The Perfect Storm I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 2:06 am by KennyD

» Hello from the USA
The Perfect Storm I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:56 am by KennyD

» World Premiere
The Perfect Storm I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 3:59 am by Josen®ique

» SELS - Super Endurance Legends Series
The Perfect Storm I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 6:00 pm by AussieXII

» GREAT GALVESTON TX RACE
The Perfect Storm I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 6:10 am by AussieXII

Gallery
The Perfect Storm Empty
Affiliates

Top posters
AussieXII
The Perfect Storm I_vote_lcapThe Perfect Storm I_voting_barThe Perfect Storm I_vote_rcap 
USA 77-Pat
The Perfect Storm I_vote_lcapThe Perfect Storm I_voting_barThe Perfect Storm I_vote_rcap 
Seahorse914
SAF009339
gato_9
Josen®ique
lionhart
duaner
rwi
J316

The Perfect Storm

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AussieXII
Admin
Admin
AussieXII

The Perfect Storm Empty
PostSubject: The Perfect Storm   The Perfect Storm I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 12:29 am

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to wish all our American friends the best of luck, it has been all over the news here in Australia about the Perfect Storm that is about to hit the coast of the United States in the next few days that has already wreaked havoc in the Caribbean. We here in Australia know only too well about how deadly these Tropical Storms can be, although we call the Cyclones down here and I believe they spin in the reverse direction from the ones north of the equator known as Hurricanes.

Hurrican Sandy has already claimed the lives of 60 people in the Caribbean since presenting herslef last week, the storm system is predicted to hit the United States later tonight our time and is predicted to intensify in strength as she hits the coast. Already 375,000 people have been evacuated from Manhatten and Queens in New York.

I would like to wish our American brothers all our very best from all of us here at the ARC as they brace for one of the worst storms in living memory, it is predicted that there may be extensive damage adn possible power outages which will effect some our members....please stay safe and we hope to hear from you all again soon.

Godbless all of you and keep you safe....hang tough guys.

Dan Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.vsk-arc.com
USA 77-Pat
Admin
Admin
USA 77-Pat

The Perfect Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Storm   The Perfect Storm I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 4:05 am

Thanks Dan. We will feel its effects in the Great lakes as well. In Bay City we are getting north winds for the first time in two months. Thats a good thing for me because we can now pull the real USA 77 out of the water. It draws 9.5 feet of water and we need a north wind to blow water into the Saginaw bay. Water depth in the haul out well is to shallow with out that north wind. So tomarrow she goes on the hard for the winter.

Last edited by USA 77-Pat on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sailmaker77@hotmail.com
Seahorse914
Admin
Admin

The Perfect Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Storm   The Perfect Storm I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 4:57 pm

UPDATE:

Yesterday I was in the prep mode getting ready. The hatches have been battened down and we have pulled in a few extra supplies. We are ready for the lose of power propably our biggest issue. Its only a cat one hurricane (ONLY HA). The big problem will be rain, trees with leaves will come down and flooding. The wind will be on the low side 90 MPH faced much bigger winds, but these will be sustained for a long period. The BP is at 943mb our lowes before was 960. This thing is huge 1000miles across. The Jersey Coast is getting at this moment big surf and storm serge with high tides full moon no less. Many of the outer islands will have the ocean meet the bay total evacuation went on yesterday in those areas. The EYE is slated to be right over top of me tonight. For us its better than having the eye north of us. I have full confidence that we will be ok just a great inconveniance. Still have power but don't expect it much longer .

I'll be racing with all of you soon

John:)
Back to top Go down
http://www.Seahorse914.com
AussieXII
Admin
Admin
AussieXII

The Perfect Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Storm   The Perfect Storm I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:34 pm

Ok John. keep safe mate, its all over the telly here as well, they are expecting the worst within the next hour or 2 according to reports here. The US Emergency Authorities are trying to have the power cut as we speak to minimize problems later. You guys know what you are doing with plenty of experience in these matters and a country that stands unified in situations like this.

You all have our best wishes and our thoughts and prayers are with you all today as you brace for one of the worst if not "the" worst storm in living memory.

Hope to hear from you guys soon, if its safe to do so, can you post in and let us all know if you are ok....cheers guys.

Dan Neutral
Back to top Go down
Seahorse914
Admin
Admin

The Perfect Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Storm   The Perfect Storm I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 3:50 pm

The Perfect Storm 364988687The Perfect Storm 364988687The Perfect Storm 364988687

Rain to the south and west of me by 30 miles and the storm serge on the coast east and north 60 miles of me were the big issues.We had wind and rain the eye past over me was downgraded by the time it got to us but was still significate. Power lose was as I thought the issue for me , we lost it through the night but got it back about 9am, about 12 hrs without. Looked around this morning just miner stuff around here. Ground is saturated and we still have winds may be a tree blow down problem for an other day with possible power outages. Flooding all around but things could have been worse. Lots of damage all around us many days work for them , for some reason we were in that little sweet spot and got away without much damage. Clean up is the next thing then back to normal.

Racing tonight I hope

John:)
Back to top Go down
http://www.Seahorse914.com
AussieXII
Admin
Admin
AussieXII

The Perfect Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Storm   The Perfect Storm I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:56 pm

Terrific, thats great to hear John, when I heard on the news last night that New Jersey was the hardest hit, I began to worry. Its great to hear that it is not as bad as they had predicted, still with lives lost and a massive clean-up ahead it has still been quite destructive. Glad to hear our guys are ok though, although we havent heard from Pat today.

We had a small drop-out of the forum this morning but things seem to be fine now so we'll press on with Day 1 of Round 2 - Norway - The Great Norwegian Ocean Race usual time.

Cheers all....I can put my big smiley back up then... The Perfect Storm 364988687The Perfect Storm 364988687The Perfect Storm 364988687

Dan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Perfect Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Perfect Storm   The Perfect Storm I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Perfect Storm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Virtual Skipper ACC Racing Club International :: ARC Lounge :: ARC Lounge-
Jump to: