Virtual Skipper ACC Racing Club International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virtual Skipper ACC Racing Club International

Join the VSK ACC Racing Club International, for all Virtual Skipper ACC Fans!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Where is Dan
game cache folder I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 5:26 am by AussieXII

» Race results convertor
game cache folder I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 5:01 am by AussieXII

» RULES & REPLAYS
game cache folder I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 4:55 am by AussieXII

» To pen or not to pen.
game cache folder I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 4:25 am by AussieXII

» ACC Racing Club (ARC) Boat Numbers
game cache folder I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 2:06 am by KennyD

» Hello from the USA
game cache folder I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:56 am by KennyD

» World Premiere
game cache folder I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 3:59 am by Josen®ique

» SELS - Super Endurance Legends Series
game cache folder I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 6:00 pm by AussieXII

» GREAT GALVESTON TX RACE
game cache folder I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 6:10 am by AussieXII

Gallery
game cache folder Empty
Affiliates

Top posters
AussieXII
game cache folder I_vote_lcapgame cache folder I_voting_bargame cache folder I_vote_rcap 
USA 77-Pat
game cache folder I_vote_lcapgame cache folder I_voting_bargame cache folder I_vote_rcap 
Seahorse914
SAF009339
gato_9
Josen®ique
lionhart
duaner
rwi
J316

game cache folder

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

game cache folder Empty
PostSubject: game cache folder   game cache folder I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 10:28 pm

Hi all -there has been some discussion re the location and use of the VSK cache folder. Some time ago I was moaning about not being able to see custom skins and Simon suggested increasing the size of the cache -I did this and and all is now good - I think there are less lag issues as well. The cache folder holds all the downloaded individual skins from other players and as the default size is 300 MB it fills quickly and newly arriving skins will push some others out. I have plenty of disc room so increased mine to 1000MB.

The folder size can be increased by - Start VSK-instead of play press configure-advanced-peer to peer - cache size.

For some reason I cannot copy a link to a site which has good information but just google - Virtual skipper Wiki cache and it will be there.

Back to top Go down

game cache folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: game cache folder   game cache folder I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:02 pm

Done. Lets see if it makes a difference, cheers AB's 8)
Back to top Go down
Seahorse914
Admin
Admin

game cache folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: game cache folder   game cache folder I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:57 pm

AB,

Done also.
Thanks
John Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.Seahorse914.com
AussieXII
Admin
Admin
AussieXII

game cache folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: game cache folder   game cache folder I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:24 am

Bloody brilliant AB, I had heard you mention this a few times, and at one stage even wrote it down somewhere, but it seems it got buried in amongst the "in" pile somewhere....lol.

I heard you mention it the other day and once again had no time to get this done, the key of your brilliant post is the amount of storage space one can allow for the expansion of the cache memory.

So I guess my question is "can" I increase further than you have recomended AB? Or would you advise not to?

Anyways fabulous work AB and to everyone else, AB has given a perfect example of useful information...never assume that everyone has the same information that you do, if you have it dont keep it to yourself. Share with the other members and eventually there wont be a single question that we cannot point a new member to by simply dropping a link to the appropriate subforum. And on that...great work getting this one up and running, well needed and well executed...well done guys.

Now to up my Cache size....thanks AB. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Dan
Back to top Go down
http://www.vsk-arc.com

game cache folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: game cache folder   game cache folder I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 3:34 am

I increased to 3000 mb initially but it would not stick and go back to 1000 - I have tried again at 3000 and it has stuck -yaa- I have a huge amount of free disc space though
Back to top Go down
AussieXII
Admin
Admin
AussieXII

game cache folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: game cache folder   game cache folder I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:01 am

ab-nzl wrote:
I increased to 3000 mb initially but it would not stick and go back to 1000 - I have tried again at 3000 and it has stuck -yaa- I have a huge amount of free disc space though

Me too, but I was stupid enough to think that VSK probably wouldnt be a game I would play all that often......stupid right? lol Laughing Laughing Laughing

So I downloaded the game to my "C" drive instead of my gigantic games "E" drive which has like 6 times the disk space. scratch

If I ever have to re-install the game I will not make that same mistake twice, thanks AB I've uped to 1000 for now, and see if that helps upload other players skins faster. Great job.

Dan Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
USA 77-Pat
Admin
Admin
USA 77-Pat

game cache folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: game cache folder   game cache folder I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 3:32 am

I think mine is set to 900. I have had no problems so far but the Nordic races slow me down. I swear its the snow.
Back to top Go down
http://sailmaker77@hotmail.com
SAF009339
Team ARC Member
Team ARC Member

game cache folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: game cache folder   game cache folder I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 1:52 pm

Dear all
If you increase the cache size you will be able able to store more skins from other players but the download of the skins will not be faster.
I've seen somewhere, i don't remember where, that when the software detect a new skin it tries to download it. if the cache is too small the software will remove the oldest skin from the cache to download the new one.
Back to top Go down
AussieXII
Admin
Admin
AussieXII

game cache folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: game cache folder   game cache folder I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 12:23 am

USA 77-Pat wrote:
I think mine is set to 900. I have had no problems so far but the Nordic races slow me down. I swear its the snow.

You are more than likely right Pat, there would be alot more detail per pixel in the Nordic maps, that is bound to slow you down some.

Dan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

game cache folder Empty
PostSubject: Re: game cache folder   game cache folder I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

game cache folder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Virtual Skipper ACC Racing Club International :: VSK Hints, Tips & Instructions :: Instructions-
Jump to: