Virtual Skipper ACC Racing Club International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virtual Skipper ACC Racing Club International

Join the VSK ACC Racing Club International, for all Virtual Skipper ACC Fans!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Where is Dan
Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 5:26 am by AussieXII

» Race results convertor
Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 5:01 am by AussieXII

» RULES & REPLAYS
Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 4:55 am by AussieXII

» To pen or not to pen.
Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 4:25 am by AussieXII

» ACC Racing Club (ARC) Boat Numbers
Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 2:06 am by KennyD

» Hello from the USA
Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:56 am by KennyD

» World Premiere
Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 3:59 am by Josen®ique

» SELS - Super Endurance Legends Series
Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 6:00 pm by AussieXII

» GREAT GALVESTON TX RACE
Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 6:10 am by AussieXII

Gallery
Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic Empty
Affiliates

Top posters
AussieXII
Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_vote_lcapTelstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_voting_barTelstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_vote_rcap 
USA 77-Pat
Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_vote_lcapTelstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_voting_barTelstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_vote_rcap 
Seahorse914
SAF009339
gato_9
Josen®ique
lionhart
duaner
rwi
J316

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic

Go down 
3 posters

All ARC Members May Vote On The Best ARC ACC "Classic" Class Boat - vote now!
"Cattitude" by Seahorse
Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_vote_lcap50%Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
"Katiely" by Manta
Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_vote_lcap50%Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
"Southern Son" by AussieXII
Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_vote_lcap0%Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
"Dapperheid" by AussieXII
Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_vote_lcap0%Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
"Insomnia" by AussieXII
 0% [ 0 ]
"Geronimo" by Kemosabe
 0% [ 0 ]
"Bracco" by Slyfox
 0% [ 0 ]
"Spectre" by Jammie Dodger
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
AussieXII
Admin
Admin
AussieXII

PostSubject: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 2:33 am

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic Telstra_Classic_Blank_Poster
how to screenshot on windows

Classic Line-Up/ Registered Starters

"Cattitude" - Seahorse 914 - USA - (ARC-914)
"Katiely" - Manta GB - GB - (ARC-061)
"Southern Son" - AussieXII - AUS - (ARC-012)
"Dapperheid" - Speedy 179 - NED - (ARC-179)
"Insomnia" - Legsysvsk.com - GB - (ARC-020)
"Geronimo" - Kemosabe - USA - (ARC-357)

*thanks to all who entered

-------------------------------------

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to tell you all about a new Super-Endurance Event Scheduled to take place on the 22nd of June 2013. The event is for "Classic" boats only, I will give the perameters of these shortly, but just for fun and ambience in honour of the event some "classic" designs should look great.

Boat - ARC ACC "Classic" Yachts ONLY
Race Length - 38.552 Nautical Miles
Race Conditions - Fair, Wind Strength 7, High Tide.
Race Duration - Approx 2 hours 40 Minutes to 3 Hours.
Race Rules - Full ISAF RRS NPC, except 17.1
Race Start - 0800 Australian Eastern Standard Time (Sydney)
Server Opening Time - 0745 Australian Eastern Standard Time
Prizes - The ARC Super-Endurance Trophy & ACCEES Bonus Points
Server Name - "Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic"
Server Password - classicarc1

The Course - The Telstra Sydney Super-Endurance 3 Hour course takes us from the Sydney Harbour Bridge past the Sydney Opera House then out to the "Heads" this area is the point in which the harbour meets the pacific ocean. Often described as the roughest patch of water in the country. We will journey out to the "Heads" 3 times before finishing at the Sydney Opera House. I have set a time in practice at 2hrs:46mins:36seconds, most pro-racers should complete the course well under this time.

Entry Conditions -

All entries must be presented by providing a single screenshot of your entry in this thread. Players must enter:

Player Username: AussieXII
Boat Name - AustralisII
Player Nation: Australia
Player Sail/Boat Number - 012

ACCEES Bonus Points

This event will be for the Super-Enduro Trophy and also ACCEES Bonus Points will be available for all boats that finish the event, the bonus points will be awarded as follows:

1st - 25 Bonus Points
2nd - 20 Bonus Points
3rd - 18 Bonus Points
4th - 16 Bonus Points
5th - 14 Bonus Points
6th - 12 Bonus Points
7th - 10 Bonus Points
8th - 8 Bonus Points
9th - 6 Bonus Points
10th - 4 Bonus Points

All Finishers - 3 Bonus Points

ARC "Classic" ACC Yacht Competition

Using the standard skin template entrants are required to enter a yacht with classic sails, the sails are only to have limited transperancy enough to see through them, they may not be too see through.

The yacht is to be white only but may have race striping in 2-3 colours, the decking must be wooden and the booms and mast must also be wooden. This is a fun skin to play around with. If players have only limited skills in skin design and/or do not have the time to prepare one then I have made one standard design already that I have made available in the skins downloads subforum. All you would need to do is change the colours of the striping and the spinaker.

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic Classic1_zps879733d4

The yacht must have your ARC number towards the stern of the boaut and your nation must also be displayed on the boat towards the bow, these must be written in black the font is up to you.

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic AustralisII_zps3c7a422f
ARC ACC Classic Yacht - Australis II

All boats must have a name before they may be entered these can be displayed amidships and may be whatever colour you like.

The winner of the competition will recieve 10 ACCEES Bonus Points, your entries must be posted to this thread, and we will post a poll to determine the winning "Classic Boat" entry.

Should be heaps of fun making a skin and the event should be a great get together we havent had in a while.

Cheers guys I hope to see you all there.

Dan Very Happy Very Happy  Very Happy

Last edited by AussieXII on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:51 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.vsk-arc.com
USA 77-Pat
Admin
Admin
USA 77-Pat

PostSubject: Re: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 6:51 am

Wish i could make that one. but i have never made a skin before. and i will be doing an over night race at that time. I will take some Bud for Dan and the ARC. By the way I plan on winning.
Back to top Go down
http://sailmaker77@hotmail.com
Seahorse914
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 5:55 pm

Dan,
Dumb question where do I get the template for the sails??
John Smile :?:
Back to top Go down
http://www.Seahorse914.com
Seahorse914
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 6:01 pm

ENTRY BY:

SEAHORSE 914
"CATITTUDE"
USA
ARC 914

Last edited by Seahorse914 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:41 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
AussieXII
Admin
Admin
AussieXII

PostSubject: Re: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 2:50 am

Hi John,

Great to hear from you, hope all is well first of all.

Second, I believe that the only dumb questions are the ones that arent asked.

I wanted this to be a surprise, but since most of us actually will need this boat for the upcoming event (well at least as a template) I will give it to all of you today immediately proceeding ACCEES this morning.

I have prepared a generic ARC "Classic" skin as a gift to all ARC members that have done so much and supported us so well over our first year as a club, the skin is based largely on the "Pen Duick" skin which was made available to me by Eric.

It was while making "Australis II" from the "Pen Duik" that I had the idea of the Telstra 3 Hour Classic, using these beautiful sails and wooden hull work that was present on the Pen Duick skin.

I of course knew that not all people would have the ability or time to make a skin so I thought I would make one available expressly for the event. For those guys that have the skills and time I thought it would be fun for them to make a "Classic" skin of their own based on the regular ACC Skin template just to see what guys could acheive.

I will upload the "Classic" skin as a gift to all ARC Members that want it both here and in the ARC Skins Uploads Sub-Forum.

Happy Birthday - Team ARC!!! ...and thank you all for all your hard work. Very Happy

Dan
Back to top Go down
Seahorse914
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 2:56 am

Great Dan
See you in a few min
John
Back to top Go down
AussieXII
Admin
Admin
AussieXII

PostSubject: ARC Classic Class Racing Yacht   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 4:39 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEAM ARC

....and thank you.

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic Th_ClassicClass_zpsf4ae06cf

ARC Classic Class Skin

This is my gift to all of you as a token of my appreciation to your dedication, hard work and involvement in our great club....celebrating our 1st year.

Happy Birthday, I know its a little early but since we have this event coming up and some guys may need it now, I thought it appropriate.

Cheers fellas...and thanks again.

Dan Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Seahorse914
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:40 pm

ENTRY BY:

SEAHORSE 914
"CATITTUDE"
USA
ARC 914

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic CAT1_zps30676f56

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic CAT3_zps46f8c8a7

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic CAT6_zps50c6498c

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic CAT4_zps83bfc6ad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 11:51 pm

Player Username: MANTA GB
Boat Name - Katiely
Player Nation: England......GB
Player Sail/Boat Number - 061

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic Bandicam2013-06-0921-38-42-387_zpsed15e0ab

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic Bandicam2013-06-0921-40-00-566_zps1c04a232
Back to top Go down
AussieXII
Admin
Admin
AussieXII

PostSubject: Re: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 2:43 am

UMM WOW!!!:shock::shock::shock:

Just Wow guys...right within the perameters and these boats are just lovely, wow Gaz look at those sails....wow.

Just lovely guys...what bloody chance do I have....hehehehe.

I'm working on the "Southern Son" for this but she's nothing like those two, they are true Queens of the sea guys...wow.

DanTelstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic 364988687Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic 364988687Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic 364988687
Back to top Go down
AussieXII
Admin
Admin
AussieXII

PostSubject: Re: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 9:16 am

My entry guys:

Skipper: AussieXII
Nation: Australia
Boat: ARC ACC "Classic" Class
Boat Name: "Southern Son"
Sail Number: ARC-012

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic SouthernSonPoster_zpsdb2531b8

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic Ss1_zpsb1cac049

If guys need any help with this just shoot me a PM, I can just use the standard "Classic" Class skin (Skins Downloads Subforum) and just add your boat number and name, the whole thing would only take me 10 minutes, and then you could enter.

So the guys that want to enter but cant make a skin just shoot me a PM with your:

Boat Name and Sail Number.

Cheers guys, really looking forward to this event, it should be quite a spectacle.

Dan Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AussieXII
Admin
Admin
AussieXII

PostSubject: Re: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 8:54 am

This is Speedy's entry:

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic Dapperheid
free jpeg images

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic Dap5
image hosting without account

Skipper: Speedy 179 (ARC-179)
Nation: The Netherlands
Boat: ARC ACC "Classic" Class
Boat Name: "Dapperheid" (Valour)
Sail Number: ARC-179

Cheers all Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Dan
Back to top Go down
AussieXII
Admin
Admin
AussieXII

PostSubject: Re: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:21 am

STARTS TOMORROW

This event is scheduled for tomorrow morning, 8am my time (check "Canberra Time" on the homepage for exact start time). The ARC Telstra Sydney 3hour Classic server will be open from 7:45am my time to give everyone a chance to join before the official start time. Please be aware that all ACCEES Races are cancelled so this event can take place, ALL NE RESULTS THEREFORE WILL BE NULL & VOID SO DONT BOTHER HOSTING IT TOMORROW.

As stipulated in the header message this event is for ACCEES Bonus points as well as the Super-Enduro trophy, further bonus points will also be awarded to the best ARC ACC "Classic" Skin as entered here in this thread, and as voted on by all ARC Members. A poll will go up shortly to determine the winning skin and bonus points allocation.

The "Classics" are here to stay so we will be able to race other events with them for something different from time to time.

For all those that join without entering a "Classic" Skin, you may not join, and will be asked to go spectator for this event. The whole idea of hosting a special event is so that it remains "special". This message has been up for weeks so you have all had plenty of warning and chance to prepare.

So bring your classic boat and lets have some fun.

Cheers all Very Happy:D:D

Dan
Back to top Go down
AussieXII
Admin
Admin
AussieXII

PostSubject: Re: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:26 am

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic Insomnia1
online photo storage

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic Insomnia2
image uploading site

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic Insomnia3
prntscr

Hi Everyone this is Andy's entry

Skipper: Legsysvsk.com
Nation: Great Britain
Boat : ARC ACC "Classic" Class
Boat Name: "Insomnia"
Sail Number: (ARC-020)

thanks. Rolling Eyes

Dan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 12:00 am

Wow thanks Dan for my boat,  looking forward to sailing

Laters Mate
Back to top Go down
AussieXII
Admin
Admin
AussieXII

PostSubject: Re: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 1:06 am

AussieXII wrote:
Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic Telstra_Classic_Blank_Poster
how to screenshot on windows

Classic Line-Up/ Registered Starters

"Cattitude" - Seahorse 914 - USA - (ARC-914)
"Katiely" - Manta GB - GB - (ARC-061)
"Southern Son" - AussieXII - AUS - (ARC-012)
"Dapperheid" - Speedy 179 - NED - (ARC-179)
"Insomnia" - Legsysvsk.com - GB - (ARC-020)
"Geronimo" - Kemosabe - USA - (ARC-357)
"Bracco" - Slyfox - SCO - (ARC-101)

*thanks to all who entered

-------------------------------------

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to tell you all about a new Super-Endurance Event Scheduled to take place on the 22nd of June 2013. The event is for "Classic" boats only, I will give the perameters of these shortly, but just for fun and ambience in honour of the event some "classic" designs should look great.

Boat - ARC ACC "Classic" Yachts ONLY
Race Length - 38.552 Nautical Miles
Race Conditions - Fair, Wind Strength 7, High Tide.
Race Duration - Approx 2 hours 40 Minutes to 3 Hours.
Race Rules - Full ISAF RRS NPC, except 17.1
Race Start - 0800 Australian Eastern Standard Time (Sydney)
Server Opening Time - 0745 Australian Eastern Standard Time
Prizes - The ARC Super-Endurance Trophy & ACCEES Bonus Points
Server Name - "Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic"
Server Password - classicarc1

The Course - The Telstra Sydney Super-Endurance 3 Hour course takes us from the Sydney Harbour Bridge past the Sydney Opera House then out to the "Heads" this area is the point in which the harbour meets the pacific ocean. Often described as the roughest patch of water in the country. We will journey out to the "Heads" 3 times before finishing at the Sydney Opera House. I have set a time in practice at 2hrs:46mins:36seconds, most pro-racers should complete the course well under this time.

Entry Conditions -

All entries must be presented by providing a single screenshot of your entry in this thread. Players must enter:

Player Username: AussieXII
Boat Name - AustralisII
Player Nation: Australia
Player Sail/Boat Number - 012

ACCEES Bonus Points

This event will be for the Super-Enduro Trophy and also ACCEES Bonus Points will be available for all boats that finish the event, the bonus points will be awarded as follows:

1st - 25 Bonus Points
2nd - 20 Bonus Points
3rd - 18 Bonus Points
4th - 16 Bonus Points
5th - 14 Bonus Points
6th - 12 Bonus Points
7th - 10 Bonus Points
8th - 8 Bonus Points
9th - 6 Bonus Points
10th - 4 Bonus Points

All Finishers - 3 Bonus Points

ARC "Classic" ACC Yacht Competition

Using the standard skin template entrants are required to enter a yacht with classic sails, the sails are only to have limited transperancy enough to see through them, they may not be too see through.

The yacht is to be white only but may have race striping in 2-3 colours, the decking must be wooden and the booms and mast must also be wooden. This is a fun skin to play around with. If players have only limited skills in skin design and/or do not have the time to prepare one then I have made one standard design already that I have made available in the skins downloads subforum. All you would need to do is change the colours of the striping and the spinaker.

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic Classic1_zps879733d4

The yacht must have your ARC number towards the stern of the boaut and your nation must also be displayed on the boat towards the bow, these must be written in black the font is up to you.

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic AustralisII_zps3c7a422f
ARC ACC Classic Yacht - Australis II

All boats must have a name before they may be entered these can be displayed amidships and may be whatever colour you like.

The winner of the competition will recieve 10 ACCEES Bonus Points, your entries must be posted to this thread, and we will post a poll to determine the winning "Classic Boat" entry.

Should be heaps of fun making a skin and the event should be a great get together we havent had in a while.

Cheers guys I hope to see you all there.

Dan Very Happy Very Happy  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AussieXII
Admin
Admin
AussieXII

PostSubject: Re: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:23 am

You are most welcome Andy.

As the final part of the ARC "Classic" event 10 more ACCEES Bonus Points are up for grabs for the winning "Classic" Skin. A poll will be posted shortly and everyone is invited to cast a vote for which ARC ACC "Classic" Class Boat should win these bonus points.

Thanks guys a terrific race. Very Happy

Dan
Back to top Go down
AussieXII
Admin
Admin
AussieXII

PostSubject: Re: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:53 am

the poll is up guys, if the skinners of "Geronimo", "Bracco" & "Spectre" could please pop up a picture for us so we can give everyone a fair vote. Thanks

@ Andy - My pleasure mate, happy to help. Very Happy

Dan
Back to top Go down
AussieXII
Admin
Admin
AussieXII

PostSubject: Re: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 1:50 am

It looks like out of the 4 people that voted we have a tie, therefore I shall award 10 bonus points to each entry:

10 points to Manta for Kaitely...well done Gaz I really liked the sail sets on this one.
10 points to Seahorse for Cattitude, well done John, I liked both the boat name and the titleling on this one.

Well done guys and thank you for participating, it was a terrific event and their were some lovely looking boats out there. I would very much like to run something more for the "Classics" at some stage in the future.

Cheers guys Very Happy 

Dan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:27 am

Thanks Dan for the support and gesture but I'm not really sure I can accept the bonus points as I could not actually take part in the race.
Back to top Go down
AussieXII
Admin
Admin
AussieXII

PostSubject: Re: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 5:59 am

The bonus points were the prize for "Best Classic Skin" as part of the event.

Dan Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic   Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Telstra Sydney 3 Hour Classic
Page 1 of 1